IRB Infrastructure Completes Kaithal-Rajasthan Highway Ahead of Schedule, Opens Road for Public Use
The Kaithal-Rajasthan four-lane highway has been thrown open for vehicular traffic from September 8, midnight. The Special Purpose Vehicle of India’s leading and largest highway infrastructure developer, IRB Infrastructure Developers Ltd has commissioned the project on September 8.
VirendraMhaiskar, the Chairman and Managing Director of the IRB Infrastructure Pvt Ltd said, “It’s another jewel in the crown for IRB. We are happy to throw open the project for commuters before the deadline. I hope it would bring a world class and the safest commuting experience in India.”
He further added, “We are grateful to all the stakeholders, external as well as internal, who left no stone unturned to achieve COD for this project”.
Staring from AmbalatoPali in Rajasthan, the Kaithal-Rajasthan highway project passes through fourdistricts in Haryana, viz., Kaithal, Jind, Hissar and Bhiwani. Consequently, the SPV has started partial toll collection on this project from September 8, 2017; four months ahead of the scheduled commercial operation date.
Some of the main features of the Project:
1. The project is for four-laning of Kaithal-Rajasthan border section of NH-152/65 from 33,250 km to 241.580 km (design length 166 km) in Haryana.
2. The project was awarded to IRB Infrastructure under BOT space in 2014.
3. It cost Rs2,290 crore, including VGF of Rs 234 crore. It will have service road of 20.90 km; 18 pedestrian underpasses; 5 vehicular underpasses; 5 flyovers; 13 small bridges; 71 intersections; 241 culverts; and one railway over bridge.
4. The concession period of this project is 27 years, including construction period of 2.5 years.
5. COD achieved in line with provisional certification issued by the NHAI. In view of satisfactory completionof 144 Kms, i.e., 87% construction work, four months ahead of schedule. .
6.Tolling commenced on September 8, 2017, midnight.
About IRB Infrastructure Developers Ltd:
IRB Infrastructure Developers Ltd (IRB) is one of the largest private roads and highways infrastructure developers in India.
The Company at present is having 7 projects under operational BOT space; 7 projects under O & M contracts as a Project Manager for IRB InvIT and 7 projects under various stages of construction.
IRB Group, in the 20th year of its journey towards excellence since inception, has achieved an unmatchable milestone of crossing 12,000 lane Kms, along with almost 20% share in India’s prestigious Golden Quadrilateral project; which is the largest by any private highways infrastructure developers in India.
Company’s construction order book as on 30th June 2017 stands at Rs.8900 Crores.
IRB Infrastructure Developers Ltd. is India’s first Infrastructure developer Company to have privilege of successfully launching and listing of India’s first ever InvIT IPO.
- Previous Wish to get enrolled as a global teacher? Haida International in China is the answer!
- Next Rental reforms will raise the bar for realty sector, suggests Arun Dev Builders