ONCO Hope and IRB Infrastructure tie up to address and overcome Cancer & Eye Diseases In Rural Thane and Dombivali
This year has brought a ray of hope for villagers in rural areas of Thane and Dombivali, as India’s leading and the largest infrastructure developers in the highway sector, Virendra Mhaiskar led IRB Infrastructure Developers Ltd., has extended a hand of aid to the hard-up section of the society from Thane District’s Dombivali’s rural area.
The people in and around the area can now avail healthcare services at the high-tech Mobile Cancer Screening, Mammography and Vision Restoration Centre, ensuring the early diagnosis and treatment of Cancer and Eye disease, at their door steps.
“ONCO Hope” of GKC Trust, Dombivali, led by Dr. Anil Heroor, and Dr. Tejinder Singh, who are specialized in the cancer care and Dr. Anagha Heroor, in the vision restoration, in association with an active support from IRB Infrastructure Developers Ltd., have made the vital healthcare facility available in the rural areas of Thane and Dombivali.
While commenting on the initiative, Mr. Virendra D. Mhaiskar, Chairman & Managing Director of IRB Infrastructure said, “It’s need of the hour that the healthcare initiatives should be accessible for each citizen; especially with respect to the Cancer Care and Vision Restoration issues, and for those, who hail from the rural areas and hard-up sections, deprived of the easy accessibility of the healthcare facilities.” Mr. Mhaiskar further added, “This is just a small contribution from our side for the wellness of society. We would continue to explore such opportunities in future to serve society in better ways.”
Here are some of the features of the high-tech Mobile Cancer Screening and Mammography & Vision Restoration Center:
- The mobile center is well equipped with fully automated computer radiography along with a mammography machine unit in its front section of the van.
- The rear section of the van is designed, furnished and well equipped for vision restoration treatments.
- The mobile center is fully air conditioned and designed to ensure the best comfort for patients and suitably equipped for easy and smooth functioning during the camps.
- The mobile center has been designed with the objective of screening a maximum number of cancer patients as well as preventable eye diseases.
- In addition, the mobile center has audio-visual aids in it.
- The mobile center is equipped to collect and compile the data for statistical analysis of cases attended, development of research and treatment strategies, etc.
- The mobile center can be utilized to deliver lectures on awareness about the diseases during the camps.
- Considering the time taken for each patient, the Cancer care, and mammography can handle 25-30 female patients at a camp; whereas, for vision restoration, the center can take care of around 100 such patients.
At present, the local residents from these rural areas have no option but to come down to Mumbai for a treatment. This is not only a time consuming from patient’s point of view, but also from the livelihood point of view of the people, who accompany the patient.
In view of the above, the mobile cancer diagnostic center is going to facilitate timely detection and accurate diagnosis of diseases and facilitate right treatment.
ONCO Hope has planned to attend 400 women patients for cancer care check-up and 1000 patients for vision restoration every month by visiting various locations and undertaking checkups and awareness camps.
By keeping Education and Healthcare as its focused areas, IRB Infrastructure Developers Ltd., one of India’s leading highways infrastructure developers, is actively contributing towards the socio-economic betterment of the deprived sections of the society. The Company has significantly contributed in the field of education by opening schools in the rural areas as well as by supporting causes of various educational institutes.
Dr. Anil Heroor, ONCO Hope – GKC Trust, Dombivali said, “We are really thankful to Mr. Virendra D. Mhaiskar, CMD, IRB Infrastructure Developers Ltd., for taking keen interest in understanding the need and subsequently, extending his valuable support to “ONCO Hope – GKC Trust” in its endeavours to spread awareness about Cancer and Eye diseases in rural areas and provide timely diagnosis and treatment.”
“We are sure that the facility made available by IRB would be of great help in our mission,” Dr. Heroor added.
- Previous Interior Designers at Modi Builders say painting wooden floors can transform your home
- Next Indians are Shining Worldwide, says Business maven Sanjay Dalmia