Ravin Jhunjhnunwala pioneering Nutritional Farming in India
The former Chairman of Orind Company, Ravin Jhunjhnunwala recently partnered with Mr. Graeme Sait, in order to lay the foundation of Nutrition Bio Systems Pvt Ltd (NBS), which will be focusing on Nutritional Farming. Mr. Graeme Sait is the founder of Nutri-tech Solutions, based in Australia.
Ravin Jhunjhunwala explains how Nutrition Bio Systems has been created to help the Indian agriculture sector to change. NBS is dedicated to improving crop quality, profitability and sustainability through a science-based approach of “Nutrition Farming”.
Ravin Jhunjhunwala believes, “There may be considerable potential in marketing produce with Nutrition Farming certification. Growers all over the world constantly request this service to give them a point of difference in the marketplace. We have explored a simple set of parameters that could enable this practice if you saw any potential. It would be based upon, sustainability, more flavour and extended shelf-life. Just an idea to be considered.”
Ravin Jhunjhunwala is looking forward to implementing the Nutrition Farming Project in India, where technical expertise will be provided to the ones in need, by the direct guidance of Mr. Graeme Sait. He will also be available to answer any technical queries that people have from time to time. These queries will be reverted by email via Nutrition Bio Systems.
Under the Nutrition Bio Systems’ programme cum package, following aspects will be covered:
- Nutrition Bio Systems will provide a comprehensive nutrient program for both Leafy Vegetables and Winter Vegetables, fruits etc.
- The agronomists will pay regular visits to monitor the trials in the fields
- When the proof of principle trial is successfully completed, farmers may consider adopting this approach on a much wider scale in future.
Ravin Jhunjhunwala is quite optimistic with this programme as he says, “From our experience the tangible benefit in value terms will be much more than any incremental cost that you may incur by using our programme. We also assure you with our programme you will benefit value wise and also increase quality and quantity of the crops, eliminate usage of chemical fertilisers and gradually regenerates soil and improved nutrient value of the crop.”
- Previous Amit Rathi’s expectations from Union Budget 2016
- Next Frankfinn Bags Gold Award for “Best Higher Vocational Institute for Skill Development” 2016