Kaithal-Rajasthan four-lane highway is now open for vehicular traffic
Mumbai, September 11: Built by IRB Infrastructure, the Kaithal-Rajasthan Border four-lane highway has been open for vehicular traffic from midnight September 8, midnight. The project has been commissioned on September 8, itself by the Special Purpose Vehicle of India’s leading and largest highway infrastructure developer, IRB Infrastructure Developers Ltd.
The Chairman & Managing Director of the IRB Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd. Mr. Virendra Mhaiskar spoke on this auspicious occasion:“It’s another jewel in the crown for IRB. We are happy to throw open the project for commuters. I hope it would bring a world class and the safest computing experience of the highway infrastructure in India.” He further added, “We are grateful to all the stakeholders, external as well as internal, who left no stone unturned to achieve COD for this project.”
Starting from Ambala, the Kaithal-Rajasthan stretch of 166 km is part of NH65, which ends at Pali in Rajasthan. It passes through four districts in Haryana, viz., Kaithal, Jind, Hissar, and Bhiwani.
Important features of the project:
- It is the 8thproject in IRB Infrastructure’s BOT Portfolio; andthe largest by any private highway infrastructure developer
- Total project length is 166.26 km, a section on NH 152/65
- The project cost is Rs2,290 crore, including VGF of Rs234 crore.
- The project was awarded to IRB Infrastructure under BOT space in 2014.
- The project is a conversion of existing 2 lanes into 4 lanes.
- It will have service road of 20.90 km; 18 pedestrian underpasses; 5 vehicular underpasses; 5 flyovers; 13 small bridges; 71 intersections; 241 culverts; and one railway over bridge.
- The concession period for the project is 27 years.
- Tolling commenced on September 8, 2017, midnight.
- COD achieved in line with provisional certification issued by the Competent Authority, as SPV satisfactorily completes 144 Kms, i.e., 87% construction work, four months ahead of schedule with MrVirendraMhaiskar at the helm of affairs.
About IRB Infrastructure Developers Ltd:
IRB Infrastructure Developers Ltd (IRB), started its journey in 1998 and is now India’s leading and one of the largest private roads and highways infrastructure developers.
Currently, the company is operating 8 highway projects under BOT space, post transferring 6 projects to India’s first ever InvIT, which are now under Operations and Maintenance contracts and 7 projects under various stages of construction. It is capable of executing in-house projects as well.
Company’s Construction Order Book stands at Rs8,900 crore as on June 30, 2017, i.e., at the end of Q1 of FY 2017 – 2018.
In 10 years of its journey towards virtuosity post listing, with Virendra Mhaiskar at the forefront, the company has achieved a remarkable milestone of around 12,000 kms of lanes. It has also achieved 20% share in India’s most illustrious and ambitious project, the Golden Quadrilateral project. This is the largest portfolio of projects held by any private highways infrastructure developers in India.
IRB Infrastructure Developers Ltd is India’s first infrastructure development company to have the honour of successfully launching and listing of India’s first ever InvIT IPO.
For further details, please contact:
- Vivek Devasthali, Head – Corporate Communications, 99300 80099, email@example.com
- Shahab Shaikh, Concept PR, 93208 97525, firstname.lastname@example.org